Department of Mechanical Engineering
The Department of Mechanical Engineering offers a four-year degree program leading to the Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) and a two-year degree program in Nuclear Technology. The program leading to the Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) degree is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
The mission of the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Arkansas Tech University is to develop and educate students to become mechanical engineers exhibiting professional competency and ethics, with a desire for life-long learning.
In order to fulfill its mission, the Department has established the following ABET educational objectives.
Engineers who graduate from Arkansas Tech University with a BSME degree will be:
- To produce graduates who use the engineering skills and technical ability gained through the program to embark upon successful careers in mechanical engineering.
- To produce graduates who engage in life-long learning.
- To produce graduates who employ engineering analysis, experimental methods, and design techniques to solve engineering problems.
- To produce graduates who demonstrate skills pertinent to the design process including the ability to formulate problems, to think creatively, to communicate effectively, to synthesize information and to work collaboratively.
- To produce graduates who understand their professional and ethical responsibilities.
The Vision of the Department of Mechanical Engineering is to be one of the regions exceptional accredited programs of mechanical engineering producing professionals for the state, nation and world.
It is highly recommended that all freshmen engineering students starting fall 2017 purchase laptop computers. Laptop computer specifications are at: https://www.atu.edu/engineering/specifications.php.
Dr. John Krohn, Head
Corley, Room 220
For more information, please visit www.atu.edu/mechanical