RN to BSN Program
General Education Requirements
- ENGL 1013 Composition I1
- ENGL 1023 Composition II1
- MATH 1113 College Algebra or higher level MATH course (excluding MATH 2033 Mathematical Concepts I, MATH 2043 Mathematical Concepts II, and STAT 2163 Introduction to Statistical Methods.
- Science with Lab (4 hours)
- BIOL 2014 Human Anatomy or BIOL 2404 Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- PSY 2003 General Psychology
- SOC1003 Introductory Sociology
- Fine Arts & Humanities1 (6 hours)
- Social Sciences/Fine Arts/Humanities/Communication1 (3 hours)
- U.S. History/Government1 (3 hours)
Additional Nursing Major Requirements
- BIOL 3054 Microbiology or BIOL 2054 Microbiology for Health Sciences
- BIOL 3074 Human Physiology or BIOL 2414 Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- PSY 3813 Lifespan Development
- NUR 3303 Health Assessment
- NUR/BIOL 3803 Applied Pathophysiology
Arkansas Nursing Education Progression Model2
- NUR 2023 Introduction to Professional Nursing
- NUR 2303 Nutrition
- NUR 3103 Nursing Skills I1
- NUR 3204 Theories and Concepts in Nursing I
- NUR 3213 Care of the Older Adult
- NUR 3402 Pharmacology I
- NUR 3404 Practicum in Nursing I - Nursing the Individual Client
- NUR 3513 Nursing Skills II
- NUR 3606 Theories and Concepts in Nursing II
- NUR 3802 Pharmacology II
- NUR 3805 Practicum in Nursing II - Nursing the Family
See the Department of Nursing page for additional requirements.
Senior Level Nursing for Registered Nurses Courses4
Arkansas Tech University Nursing Courses Specific to Curriculum in Baccalaureate Nursing for Registered Nurses.
1See appropriate alternatives or substitutions in "General Education Requirements".
2Licensed registered nurses who have met all of the lower division nursing curriculum requirements and graduated from an associate degree or diploma program that was ACEN accredited at the time of graduation may receive credit for 38 hours of nursing courses if they meet specific requirements.
3Electives to be approved by Nursing advisor.
4All general education requirements must be completed before enrolling in Senior Level Nursing for Registered Nurses courses unless granted an exception by the department head. All additional nursing major requirements must be completed with a GPA. ≥ 2.75 prior to enrolling in Senior Level Nursing for Registered Nurses courses.