The minor in Accounting is available to students who wish to add to their knowledge of accounting. Please note that for non-business majors, no more than 30 hours of courses offered by the College of Business may be counted toward completion of degree requirements.
The minor in Accounting requires 21 hours of courses:
- BUAD 2003 Business Information Systems
- ACCT 2003 Accounting Principles I
- ACCT 2013 Accounting Principles II
- ACCT 3003 Intermediate Accounting I*
- ACCT 3013 Intermediate Accounting II*
- ACCT 3043 Federal Taxes I*
- 3 hours of either ACCT 3053 Federal Taxes IIORACCT 4023 Cost Accounting*
*in order to take the upper division (3000-4000 level) ACCT courses, a non-business major must have completed 54 hours including all 2000 level courses listed above, have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 and permission from the Dean of Business.
The minor in Economics requires 18 hours of courses:
Required Courses (9 hours)
Elective Courses (choose 9 hours)