Career Pathways Initiative
The Arkansas Career Pathways Initiative is a program that enables Arkansas Tech University - Ozark Campus to offer, to those who qualify, help with overcoming the barriers that keep parents from receiving the training and education needed to succeed in today's workforce. Career Pathways provides parents with services and resources needed to capture high wage / high demand careers.
Career Pathways provides a framework for connecting a series of educational programs with integrated work experience and support services. This combination of structured learning creates achievable stepping-stones for career advancement of adult workers and increases the pool of qualified workers needed by Arkansas employers.
Features of the Career Pathways program include:
- Enhanced student services such as intensive advising, tutoring, life skills workshops, career assessment, job search skills, and job placement assistance.
- Outreach via community-based organizations.
- Assistance with fuel, books, tuition, supplies, and testing fees (Assistance is limited by available funds, program guidelines, and state priority goals.)
- Educational tools such as: computer lab and learning software, and laptop loaner programs.
To be eligible for Career Pathways you must:
- Be the parent of a child under age 21 and fall within the income guidelines below:
2015 POVERTY GUIDELINES
FOR THE 48 CONTIGUOUS STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
|Family Size||Income Cap|
Student Services and Conference Center
Arkansas Tech University - Ozark Campus, Rooms 110, 111, and 112
1700 Helberg Lane
Ozark, AR 72949
and Conference Center